Our client is the largest Financial Services Consulting Group in our Region with clients that include regulators, banks, funds and fund managers, investment firms, brokers, fintech firms, insurance firms, and payment and electronic money institutions. They are looking for a Senior Consultant to join their Regulatory Compliance department for their office in Limassol.
- Draft, review and update manuals, policies, processes and procedures with respect to the operations of regulated entities.
- Support/Lead onsite and desk-based inspections on regulatory compliance matters.
- Ensure regulated entities fulfil their annual obligations and licence conditions.
- Provide advice and solutions to regulated entities on regulatory compliance and AML queries/issues.
- Lead a team and be responsible for the development and progress of the team members.
- Communicate on behalf of regulated entities with the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC), the Central Bank of Cyprus (CBC) and other local and EU authorities.
- Draft and review annual reports on Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and related matters.
- Review and analyse new regulations and advise how these are impacting regulated entities.
- Maintain and expand client relationships (visits at clients, lunch with clients etc.).
- Promote the Group's services.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a reputable university in Economics, Mathematics, Business, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Law or any other related discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience in a regulatory consulting role or 4+ years of relevant professional experience in regulated entities
- Up-to-date knowledge of the financial services sector and the regulatory framework including MiFiD II, AML, PRIIPs, etc.
- Excellent command of the English and Greek languages, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to take ownership and provide solutions to challenges
- Team spirit and willingness to study and develop
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance
- Knowledge of AIFM/UCITS, FATCA/CRS, GDPR, MiFIR, EMIR, MAD/MAR, will be considered an advantage.
- CySEC Certificate (Basic or Advanced) for the provision of investment services will be considered an advantage.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration package including a 13th salary
- Discretionary performance-based annual bonus
- Provident fund upon successful completion of the probation period
- Flexible working hours between 8:00am and 6:30pm
- One afternoon off and working from home
- 23 days of annual leave
- In-house and external training courses
- Free available parking close to our offices
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Consultant/Senior Consultant – Regulatory Compliance with reference number 910.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.