For our client, a well-established Audit & Accounting Firm, we are looking for a Tax Manager to join their team in Nicosia.
The company is one of the most established professional service providers in Cyprus employing more than 60 professionals. You will have a unique opportunity to work in a professional yet friendly and supportive environment and be part of a team providing services to large and medium sized local and international clients in a wide range of business sectors.
The Tax Manager will join the Tax and Insolvency Department.
As a manager, professionalism and technical expertise are expected for this position. The successful candidate should be results driven with leadership and critical thinking skills.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with management to develop and implement strategic tax planning and policies that help the clients or businesses to be compliant with Cyprus tax laws and regulations
- Provide advice and consultation to clients on tax-efficient structures and direct tax issues and risks
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures
- Identify and present direct tax opportunities and risks according to tax legislation, common practice, and double tax treaties
- Perform Tax audits on clients and be able to prepare reports with relevant findings and proposals for rectifying any errors identified
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements, plan, execute, direct, and complete tax assignments in a wide variety of industries and jurisdictions as well as in complicated areas of Cyprus tax laws
- Prepare and/or assist with the preparation of Transfer Pricing studies for clients, in compliance with the Law and Regulations and relevant OECD Guidelines
Eligibility - Requirements:
- Holder of a university degree (BSc) with a background in law, taxation, accounting, finance, economics, or a related field
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Over 5 years of related experience in an audit firm, tax practice or related consultancy/advisory firm, 3 of which in a supervisory role
- Excellent knowledge of the Cyprus tax legislation
- Excellent knowledge of the WU tax directives and international tax developments
- Able to study and understand the laws related with direct taxation of Cyprus as well as other jurisdictions
- Strong project management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of the Greek and English language both written and oral
- IT literate
- Up to 40k Gross Annual
- Provident fund (optional)
- Medical insurance (optional)
- 21 days annual holiday
- Travelling allowance
- Afternoon off every Friday throughout the year
- Casual Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Training opportunities (on-the-job and scheduled)
- Personal professional development
- Career progression
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Tax Manager with reference number 1992.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.