Our client, a Sports Retail Company which has a number of leading international sports brand shops across Cyprus, is currently looking for a Store Manager for their well-known sports shop in MyMall, Limassol.
- Directly in charge of the store and its personnel.
- Part of the personnel taking delivery of the products received in the store and the preparation of the documents related to such activity.
- Receives and delivers the products from the store in accordance with the internal regulations and Retail Pro manual.
- Keeps the justifying documents relating to stocks discrepancies, extra qty, uniform, damaged items, missing items.
- Participates in the inventory of merchandise stock whenever necessary and makes sure of the accuracy of recorded results
- Responsible for the safety of the merchandise stock, and for the preparation of the legal documents regarding the store merchandise inputs/outputs, such as: invoices, approvals, NIR, fiscal receipt or other documents required under the law.
- Reports to her/his hierarchical superior any discrepancy between the physical stock and the documented one.
- Materially liable for the losses, guilty deterioration, appropriation for herself/himself or alienation of the administered products.
- Ensures the stock movement.
- Keeps the storage spaces, in the store and access ways, in order and clean, and insures the products against deterioration or theft.
- Keeps the record of the stocks of products in the store (including their specifications, quantities, store input date etc.) and informs her/his hierarchical superior of the products status in due time. Identifies the overstock and understock situations. In this case, with prior approval, she/he transfers the merchandise to other trade units. At the same time, she/he takes actions in order for the products dispatched to the store be immediately put for sale.
- Takes all actions for achieving the sale objectives required and communicates such objectives to the subordinated personnel.
- Ensures that all customers are welcomed in a friendly and professional manner, and that their needs and concerns are addressed in a timely and satisfactory manner. This includes monitoring the quality of service provided by the sales team and providing feedback and coaching as needed to improve performance. Additionally, the store manager should be responsive to customer feedback and take appropriate action to resolve any issues or complaints.
- Is in charge of the operations on the cash register and incoming payments, according to the procedures transmitted by the office. Coordinates the deposit of incoming payments in the bank and informs the financial and accounting department of any problems that occurred. Coordinates the store’s activity in accordance with the financial and accounting standards specific to the store, keeping accurate and updated records of all legal documents according to the procedures communicated by the office.
- Is in charge of the implementation of internal regulations and sale manual and ensures the personnel’s training on a weekly basis through different platforms.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an effective store schedule that meets business needs and staffing requirements, while adhering to company policies and procedures, labor laws, and budget constraints. Responsible for maintaining a low employee turnover and ensuring adequate coverage during peak hours.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate transmission of the hours worked by the employees, for the obtaining of the justifying documents regarding medical leaves, maternity leaves, special event leaves and annual leaves.
- Is in charge of the adequate implementation and communication of the activities and campaigns planned by the sales and marketing department, in-store displays that showcase new products, promotions, and campaigns. Managing the layout of the store, ensuring that merchandise is organized and easy for customers to find and navigate. Responsible for training and coaching sales associates on visual merchandising techniques and standards to ensure a consistent brand image across all store locations.
- Informs the office once a month of the requirements of consumables (cleaning products, stationery, bags) and other documents (approvals, invoices, receipt book, cash box inventory etc.) necessary for the unhampered performance of the store’s activity. Makes sure that the store is permanently operating according to standards, requesting current repairs in the store whenever necessary.
- Is in charge of monitoring and managing direct expenses such as store maintenance, cleaning, utilities, and supplies to ensure that expenses are withing budget. Working closely with the procurement department to negotiate pricing and contracts to reduce costs where possible.
- Assesses the state of defective products returned by clients, in accordance with the set standards and contacts the management if necessary.
- Is in charge of work safety in the stores, including the obligation that the entire team should wear their work equipment during the entire work time.
- Takes the necessary actions against thefts from the store or for theft prevention and provides the necessary safety actions for the store and its clients. Sends monthly to the back office the report with the missing articles and the related footage.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Be flexible so that she/he may integrate in the team
- Show respect to clients
- Have the necessary knowledge about the products for sale in the store
- Must be fluent in Greek and English
- Not to record unjustified lack of merchandise from the inventory.
- Create and manage the store schedule in accordance with company guidelines and applicable laws.
- Monitor and manage direct expenses and Gross Margin
- The employee shall keep confidential all information received during her/his employment with the company
- 38 hours per week (includes weekend shifts)
- The company is offering a salary of 1800 – 2000 euros gross per month plus bonuses.
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Store Manager with reference number 1352.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.