Our client, a Group of Companies in Limassol, is looking for a Shipping/Customs Supervisor. The Shipping Customs Supervisor will be the direct person in contact with the customs authorities in Cyprus. The candidate will need to co-ordinate inbound and outbound material belonging to Company and Client, including 3rd party material. The Shipping Customs supervisor will be able to ensure that shipments meet legal requirements.
The duration is for 6 months 01st October 2023-24th February 2024, with a possibility of extension depending on the operations and the needs of the client.
- To communicate with the client regarding vessel loadout / backload.
- To be the direct contact with Customs Authorities in Cyprus.
- Ownership of Shipping documents including: invoices, packing lists, AWB/BOL, Customs Documents and all related documents.
- To Liaise with Customs Clearance officer or subcontracted hauler to collect original shipping documents, process payment and collect shipment.
- Informing vessel’s agent and other internal departments of any vessel movements.
- The preparation of the Loadout Cargo Manifest and DG notes.
- Co-ordination with Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality (HSSEQ) department for waste collection and manifesting.
- Direct contact with Vessel Charterer regarding ETA/ETD.
- To Notify PSV Master of Berthing and Cargo operations.
- Receiving all incoming materials and tallying with shipping documents.
- To send requests and manage quotes for shipments as requested by client and or company.
- To Adhere to all the company’s Policies and applicable Procedures without fail.
- To comply with the company’s Life Saving Rules, non-compliance will attract disciplinary action.
- Attending all external and internal training as directed.
- To comply with Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality (HSSEQ) policies and procedures.
- To participate and contribute to the company’s SHOC program.
- To report all incidents and Near Miss directly to the Base Manager .
- To stop the job whenever an act that is about to endanger life (or asset) is about to take place.
- 3 years’ experience ideally within the Oil and Gas industry Freight and Customs procedures– preferable in Cyprus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
- Holder of a clean criminal record.
- Fluent in written and spoken Greek and English language
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills with ability to build working relations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet competing demands.
- Must posses extensive knowledge on Local Customs and Excise requirements
- Diploma in Shipping is a plus
- Able to multi-task with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work and adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Team oriented personality.
- Organized and be able to work closely with Warehouse Supervisor.
- Reliable and have an ethical mindset.
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends and public holidays.
- The working hours will be 07:00-16:00. (Monday to Friday).
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Shipping/Customs Supervisor with reference number 1769.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.