Our client is a leading international ship management and ship-owning company providing technical, crewing, purchasing, operations, accounting and insurance management services. They have been in operation for over 20 years and currently have offices in various locations worldwide with Cyprus being the main offices for the Accounting and Operational activities of the company. They are looking to fill the position of a Junior Shipping Operator for their office in Limassol.
The Operations department is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the ships, ensuring that each voyage of every vessel is performed safely and efficiently and that all operations are carried out in an expedient, professional and commercially justified manner in compliance with the Company’s policy, charterers’ requirements and international regulations.
- Daily updating of position list & data systems
- Seeking PDA’s from agents
- Nominating agents at ports, approve PDA payments and follow up until FDA status is completed
- Preparing and sending voyage instructions to the vessel
- Writing the CP (if no broker involved)
- Keeping close contact and coordinating with Charterers and all third parties involved with the ships
- Optimizing the voyage with regards to speed/arrival times and bunker consumption
- Seeking best prices/ports for bunkers, placing bunker order and notify vsl/agents
- Check bunker orders & invoices before payment processing
- Prepare and sending the freight invoice to Charterers
- Prepare and sending the TC hires to Charterers
- Prepare and sending the laytime calculations & Final SOA to Charterers
- Prepare and send Final Hire Statements to Charterers
- Follow up with Charterers on any disputes/outstanding payments
- Compare budget vs actual voyage result
- University degree in Shipping or holder of shipping related qualifications.
- Previous experience in operations, chartering or similar position.
- Excellent command of the English Language.
- 13th salary
- Provident fund
- Medical insurance
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Junior Shipping Operator with reference number 1062.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.