Our client is a leading international institutional asset manager focused on private equity and structured credit investments. Founded in 2005 and with HQ in New York, the firm currently has approximately $11.0 billion in assets under management.
What you will do as an Investment Technology Engineer:
- Develop application and solutions for investment (portfolio managers, traders etc.) and non-investment teams across the company.
- Apply modern engineering principles using Python, SQL and SPARK distributed compute to develop applications and other solutions.
- Develop next generation ML based data science platform by working closely with investment and risk professionals
- Contribute and build on AWS and lakehouse platforms using tools like databricks
- Help drive investment decision by developing insights through large amounts of data and produce analytics
- Analyze complex business workflows and translate them into software solutions
- Use cloud based modern CI/CD pipeline and development practices
What We Look For:
- Someone who enjoy challenge of understanding complex investment process and develop technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Work closely with investment professionals and portfolio managers
- Relevant professional experience in software engineering or data science
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Meaningful experience with software development in Python, Java or equivalent programming language
- Motivation and ability to learn quickly, solve complex and challenging business & engineering problems
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
What We’d Love To See:
- Experience of working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiar with agile software development
- Exposure to AWS or other cloud computing service
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Databricks, Hive, Spark, and Scala
- Experience with REST services and messaging technologies like MQ, Kafka etc
- Prior experience with a financial services firm is a plus, but not required
- The client is offering a very competitive salary and benefits package based on experience.
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Investment Technology Engineer/Developer with reference number 1546.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.