Our client is a dry docking company which offers complete dry docking, shipyard and ship repair services from its secure location within the Eastern Mediterranean Port of Limassol. They are looking to hire a HSE Manager to join their team based in Limassol.
The role will primarily be in charge of spearheading and overseeing the company's health and safety programs whilst coordinating with different departments to gather data, assessing existing programs and policies to identify areas needing improvement, implementing solutions on issues and concerns, developing strategies to execute programs, and creating new safety policies and procedures as necessary.
- Support the Top Management in the HSE Policy and Guidelines issue.
- Support the Top Management in the Organization roles and responsibilities definition, for what concerns safety aspects.
- Support the Top Management in the HSE Management System standard issue.
- Ensure, in accordance with the Corporate guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Systems.
- Monitor the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provides for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
- Provide motivation and familiarization of all Company personnel respecting the importance of complying with Company system procedures and all Safety equipment provided.
- Assist the Technical and Operations Department in their dealings with clients in all issues concerned with Health and Safety at work.
- Conduct safety audits both internal and external.
- Take part in accident / incident investigation.
- Carry out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Carry out any in-house safety training.
- Carry out safety audits on Sub-contractors.
- Participate to HAZOP meetings prior to procurement and installation activities.
- Perform Risk Assessment and TBT.
- Prepare Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
- Provide Safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities.
- Implement new training programmes or adopting new strategies which improve productivity whilst maintaining compliance with safety standards.
- Monitor safe working practices during operations.
- Be visible” and actively ensure all safety aspects of operational employees in the field are upheld.
- Promote the HSE policies, including safety observations, closeouts, and housekeeping activities.
- Maintain records and databases through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, and updating.
- Monitor areas of responsibility and communicate any potential issues.
- Any other reasonable duties as defined by the role and management.
- Lead by example.
- Bachelor’s degree in science/engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
- 12 or above years’ experience in Health, Safety and Environment of which 6 years should be in a supervisory capacity.
- Discharges, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation by using TapRoot and HSE Auditing Techniques,
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Greek would be considered an advantage.
- Experience in the shipping industry would be considered an advantage.
- Clean Criminal Record.
- Flexible in work times. May be required to work outside of normal office hours when operations are taking place.
- Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm with 1 hour lunch but flexible to work over if necessary.
- Competitive salary
- Private medical on commencement, Provident fund after 6 months & 21 days annual leave per year.
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of HSE Manager with reference number 1866.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.