Our client is a payment gateway and PSP provider in Paphos with over 15 years’ experience and they are looking for a Finance Director to direct and oversee the financial activities of the corporation, direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and create forecasts predicting future growth. The ideal candidate is someone who has headed up their own team before and has worked directly in managing their teams, so he/she has a great understanding of the day to day tasks and what needs doing. He/she will be given absolute independence to build and manage their own team and even be given the opportunity to restructure how things are currently done with the team based in Israel. He /she will be reporting to the CEO.
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled daily, breaks are understood and action are taken to resolve within given deadlines
- Drive a client-focused mindset across the team and manage unapplied and overdue debits to mitigate negative impact
- Manage and supervise the Finance team, empowering it to consistently eliminate waste, create efficiency in processes and motivate drive for constant improvement
- Develop and execute a reconciliation strategy to align with business requirements and implement change as required
- Work with client and network partner teams to ensure reconciliation can add value and support onboarding of new clients and routes
- Design and implement new processes, procedures and controls, ensuring accuracy of records
- Implement automations in processes between banks, merchants and vendors
- Develop working knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organisation’s operations.
- Manage vendor relationships with external parties, including clients, banks and auditors
- Direct the preparation of all financial reports, including management accounts, financial statements and tax returns
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Study long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share
- Identify opportunities for expansion into new product areas
- Review planning process and suggests improvements to current methods
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other relevant field, MSc/MBA is an advantage
- More than 10 years in roles of responsibility within Finance/Accounting Department, such as Head, Manager, Director positions
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of financial management software
- Proven experience in setting up and managing a team
- Previous experience working within PSP/card payments industry would be considered an advantage
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing dynamic environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyse
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail and critical thinking
- Ability to engage, motivate and inspire a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, other languages would be considered an advantage
- Ideally based in Paphos or willing to relocate.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary with great benefits and perks
- 21 days annual leave
- Recreational and team building activities
- Office gym
- A growing company with continuous development opportunities
- The working hours are 5 days a week (any day, weekends are possible too of you prefer), any 8.5hours a day so very flexible (no hybrid or remote).
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Finance Director with reference number 1165.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.