Our client, a leading provider of online foreign exchange (forex) trading, CFD trading and spread betting, is looking for an AMLCO & Compliance Officer who will report directly to the Board and will assist in maintaining a robust Compliance and AML function that complies with regulatory obligations.
- Development of a risk assessment framework – the MLCO report the results of a business-wide and an individual ML/TF risk assessment to the management body, via the member of the management body responsible for AML/CFT
- Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures, as well as monitor whether the measures, policies, controls and procedures implemented by the company comply with the its AML/CFT obligations
- Understand, maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with both AML and compliance regulatory requirements including local and EU laws, international and industry standards and best practices
- Coordinate, monitor and advise on both Global AML and compliance policy, business AML and compliance programs, local AML and compliance procedures, Market Abuse compliance programs and procedures and other applicable compliance requirements
- Support regulatory applications, maintain current regulatory licenses
- Respond to ad hoc queries from the Business regarding specialist Cypriot compliance matters
- Co-ordinate with both domestic and overseas FXCM Compliance Officers and/or MLROs on issues related to cross-border transactions and investigations
- Prepare weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the Global Director of Compliance
- Produce high level summaries and updates for senior management
- Closely cooperate with and assist the Group’s Head of Compliance to ensure full compliance with all applicable regulations
- Serve as primary contact person for the prosecution authorities, Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), MOKAS Financial Intelligence Unit, and other competent authorities
- Keep abreast of regulatory rule changes and developments, assess their impact and as appropriate, circulate to management to consider next steps
- Keep up to date with EMIR and MiFID regulatory developments, technical standards and industry solutions
- Provide advice to the Business on Cypriot regulations that impact a firm dealing in OTC product.
- Perform Quarterly Risk Control Self-Assessment with Department & Country Heads
- Document and maintain Process Flow Maps, Control Matrices and Control Test Plans for key business processes, and make any necessary updates as changes occur in the Business, Regulatory and Risk Control Environment in Cyprus
- Assist the Risk Officer in managing other Risk Control Processes and Activities as required
- Review and monitor risks associated with outsourcing vendors.
- Advanced and AML CySEC Certification (required)
- Preferably ACAMS Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or ICA Certified Compliance Specialist or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferably in Law, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or any AML and Compliance related career). Masters and/or Juries Doctor preferred
- Sound previous experience in the Compliance and AML function
- Good knowledge of Cyprus AML law regulations is a must
- Sound proven compliance experience or relevant department experience at a CySEC regulated firm or auditing firm
- Sound knowledge of European regulation
- Ability to work with the business and build smooth working relationships
- An ability to establish credibility at the most senior levels within the firm
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Fundamental understanding of Cypriot and European regulatory issues that could affect an online brokerage
- Experience of communicating directly with European regulators
- 40 hours/week - Monday to Friday
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of AMLCO & Compliance Officer with reference number 1823.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.