Our client, a Marine Technology Services Company based in Limassol, is looking to hire a VSAT Technical Engineer who will install, service, and repair Satellite Communication equipment on board ships in Cyprus and abroad. He/She will also provide remote support to vessels, and internally to the Sales, Service Coordination and Satcom support teams with regards to VSAT and FX installations.
- Travel to various locations worldwide for installation of company’s Satcom solutions
- Install, test, configure, repair of VSAT and Fleet Broadband systems or other solutions involving these technologies
- Load, update, and modify software
- Make intelligent use of complex schematics, blueprints, and manuals to accurately achieve assignments
- Creating schematics and other supporting documents for company’s solutions
- Create manuals or guides for other technicians, support teams or customers
- Creating a detailed service report upon completing assignments
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Satcom hardware testing for integration with company’s solutions
- Be part of a technical and development team whose sole purpose is to optimize company’s solutions. This includes, testing of hardware, software APIs, various configurations, and continuous collaboration on various levels to ensure best customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and develop a solid professional relation with existing and new clients
- Maintain in depth knowledge of company’s products and services
- Maintain good communication and cooperate well with other departments
- Good knowledge of the company’s electronic systems and databases
- Handle after office hours requests from the customers
- Provide remote support to customer/user support requests and provide assistance in troubleshooting issues relating to our products including the integration thereof into a variety of VSAT systems as well as IT networks.
- Explain and assist vessel crew on how and where to install equipment (antennas, rack and cables-gyro)
- Follow up with them and confirm that everything is installed correctly (photos)
- Check the pre-installation checklist and confirm that vessel is ready for commissioning
- Remotely assist the technician during the installation, if needed
- If the commissioning is not completed or the crew finds an issue, assist to resolve or on how to resolve it (spare parts needed and if attendance is required)
- Smartbox (installation & configuration) as we install it during the commissioning
- A University degree in Electronics, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical certificates
- Adequate experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of satellite communications principles
- Operational knowledge of iDirect and/or Comtech VSAT technology – (X7/Velocity an advantage)
- Knowledge of TDMA (DVBS-2 an advantage)
- Understand Link Budget requirements
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN internetworking and components (Firewalls, Switches & Routers)
- Experience in the installation and operation of VSATs, including antenna pointing, use of spectrum analyzer and understanding of RF communications
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong knowledge of electronics theory and application
- Willingness to travel often and on occasion to remote locations
- Ability to read and create schematics, diagrams, user manuals, technical manuals etc. (knowledge of MS Visio is considered an advantage)
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Computer literacy
- Logical thinker and the ability to work alone
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Prioritization skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Team player mentality
- Adaptability to changing situations
- A keen eye for detail and a result driven approach
- Customer service orientation
- The standard working hours are 8:30 to 17;00 Monday to Friday. However, there are out-of-office working hours that may occur.
- When it is remote support from home it is not chargeable. If it is needed to get on the ship to support the client those are paid overtime.
- There is a lot of traveling approximately 10/15 days per month abroad. Traveling to every part of the world (Europe, America, Asia, Africa).
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of VSAT Technical Engineer with reference number 1929.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.