Our client is a construction company based in Ethiopia and they are currently looking to recruit a Technical Office Engineer for their offices /on site in Ethiopia.
Job’s General Objective:
The successful candidate will be responsible to manage and control project scheduling, resource requirement, cost control, design review, quality control and laboratory function, payment/claims and surveying issues of the project.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review project work program and follow up its compliance and implementation.
- Review material, machineries and manpower requirements of the project and follows up their delivery.
- Maintain and follow-up a critical material and equipment delivery status log; monitor status weekly.
- Makes a close follow-up of the operation and prepares cost analysis-variance from target or plan by reviewing job costs to date and review cost projections for remaining duration of the project.
- Initiate and determine change orders on operations according to degree and quantity of the contract specifications when such changes are necessary.
- Review and determine sub-contract work, ensure the work completed before effecting the payment.
- Determine and ensure that the executed work have the right quality by controlling all testing and sampling which is conducted at laboratory or site level; and performing routine job-site visits.
- Monitor on-site inspections and testing, and compare submitted samples against the actual work in place to verified required standards.
- Determine and verify shop drawings and field drawings for compliance with contract plans and specifications, and compare actual work against show drawing.
- Determine and verify compliance of tests, certificates, warranties, bonds, and as-built drawings with project requirements.
- Review and verify change order request with detail of quantity take of sheet and drawing and send to PM for approval purpose.
- Determine and submit as-built drawings of all approved deviations from contract documents and shop documents.
- Ensure that supporting record and evidence are maintained for request to extension of time and cost claim; and timely notification or correspondence letter submitted to consultant/client.
- Maintain logs for unit price, manpower-hours and material contracts or change orders.
- Ensures that all documents, correspondences, contract, RFI, etc. are kept properly.
- Review and send to PM a project daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly performance report.
- Supervise employees under him and evaluates their performance periodically.
- Perform other related tasks assigned by the Project Manager.
Education and experience:
- MSc. /BSc. Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Technology and Management or related field.
- Previous experience in road/railway/dam construction and/or Design Projects (+- 10 years).
- Adequacy for the Assignment Years of experience as a Technical Office Engineer/Senior Quantity Surveyor in Design and Build Road Project (+- 8 years) and and project amount (=162,000,000 USD) for at least one project.
- Salary is based on skills and experience
- Relocation package
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Technical Office Engineer with reference number 952.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.