For a Research and Technology Company in the financial industry in Limassol we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on their trading systems. This includes understanding the company’s infrastructure and operations, building new components, as well as maintaining existing software. The position requires interaction with execution system specialists, researchers, developers, and other senior professionals.
The ideal candidate will have excellent all-round computing skills, mathematical ability, and a passion for software development and technology. He/she will be able to understand, anticipate and respond to the company’s needs, work well within a team, and take ownership of projects.
The company will teach and mentor the successful candidate, developing their knowledge and skillset, and as such a desire to learn and grow is essential.
- Degree in science/computing/numerate/engineering field.
- Experienced and comfortable in C++.
- Deep understanding of software development and object-oriented design principles.
- Knowledge of threading, data structures, and overall design trade-offs and optimizations
- Fluency in English
Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Computational finance/trading
- C# or Java
- Use of both Windows and Unix / Linux operating systems, command line tools, scripting tools and basic system administration.
- Processing large data sets
- Working with market data providers and/or FIX protocol.
- SQL databases and their development, T-SQL stored procedures, functions, indexes and query optimization
- Messaging middleware
- The working hours are Monday to Friday between 08:30-09:30 and 17:30-18:30 (one hour lunch break)
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Senior Software Engineer with reference number 1455.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.