Our client is an international non-profit organisation and they are seeking to recruit a Senior Management Accountant to join the accounting Department and to be based at the Mediterranean Area office based in Larnaca
- Production of management accounts for area commitments in Africa, Middle East and the Indian Sub-Continent.
- Acting as a first point of contact, supporting the Area on financial and accounting matters.
- Working closely with the Finance Manager, ensures a first-class financial service is delivered.
- Deputises for the Finance Manager.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities of the Role:
Management Accounting Information
- Produces the monthly Area management accounts and liaises with Regional Management Accountant and Office Administrators / Managers for the variance analysis and monthly commentary
- Carry out specific scope audit tests on the returns from other countries
- Reviews OPS monthly structural returns to send to HO (structural project tracker list)
- Provide financial reports to the Finance Manager and operational managers as required
- Embed the Chart of Accounts; develop management reporting framework; oversee rollout of purchase ledger and purchase order within agreed timeframes
Budgets and Forecasting
- Prepares the annual and quarterly compilation of AAA non-employment and capital expenditure (capex) budgets and forecasting, and corresponding upload file
- Compile annual budgets, including key phasing assumptions in co-operation with Finance Manager
- Responsible for the monitoring of the monthly expenditure against the budget/forecast in accordance with corporate accounting practices and processes
- Undertake monthly reconciliations of accounts and reporting to Finance Manager
- Update and distribute monthly reports for designated budget holders within Area and assist in the design and development of reports
- Assist with financial performance management working with budget holders
- Prepare report analysis and evaluation
- Provide first line support to individuals, Departments and Area on budget queries
- Line management for Office Administrators Supervision and delegation of daily tasks to the Finance Officer and the Regional Office Administrators.
- Manages the performance of the Finance Officer and the Regional Office Administrators, including the setting and reviewing of performance objectives including training and development needs
- Provide effective support to key finance processes completed overseas
- Communicate effectively with other staff members and other key stakeholders (many from diverse geographic and cultural backgrounds)
- Review and highlight to FM, financial training requirements for appropriate Area staff and lead on financial training delivery.
- Provides financial best practice knowledge, analysis, recommendations and advice across the Area
Other related tasks as required
- Monitors and ensures proper recording of the Area's capex
- Processes and maintains of the Fixed Asset Register on GP
- Assistance with / review of Area Payroll where required
- Support the preparation of the Quarterly Management Reports and financial data
- Travel to countries in support of Operations, as required
- Work with the Finance Manager to design and deliver Area Financial Team Structure/Method of working
- In support of the FM, identify key vulnerabilities in banking and financial compliance.
- Undertake Ad-hoc duties for the Finance Manager
Project Responsibilities: As required
Job Functional Knowledge:
- Requires in depth experience within a finance environment including practical experience at Operational level, or a bachelor’s degree in business supported by strong operational finance experience.
- Business Expertise: Requires an in-depth knowledge of how the function integrates with other departments and how changes and challenges might affect the area.
- Leadership: Provides direction and guidance to the Area office team to take forward the Finance and Corporate objectives
- Problem Solving: Supports the area office team by offering advice and guidance
- Nature of Impact: Direct impact on the team and area
- Area of Impact : Direct impact on their own team and various departments in the area
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to influence and exchange ideas and information in a way that is understood at all levels (internally and externally). Therefore, must be clear and concise
Education and Knowledge
- In depth knowledge of accounting and finance
- ACCA or part qualified ACCA with 5 years’ experience or equivalent university degree
- Computerised book-keeping experience working with a general ledger package within a general accounting office
- Familiar with one or more accounting packages/ ERP
- Good command of both spoken and written English, in addition to a high level of literacy in their first language
- Knowledge of organisational policies and practices is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of general accounting practices and use of accounting packages, and a willingness to learn Great Plains, is essential
- IT literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of working in an accounting position is essential
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience of general accounting practices
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Team player
- Communication - Develop productive relationships with staff, local officials, outside agencies and dignitaries at all levels to ensure the smooth running of the area. Excellent oral and written skills are essential
- Planning and organisational skills – Able to work with a high degree of autonomy in organising and prioritising the workload to meet deadlines. Willingness to work flexible and additional hours when required or requested
- Service Delivery – Good administrative, numerical and IT skills, providing the service required by the Regional Office and Head Office Departments
- Resource Management – Work within a budget both financial and timely. Negotiate keenly with local suppliers
- Application of Specialist Expertise – Use knowledge effectively in taking forward the Commission’s goals
- Committed to continuous professional development
- Everyone who works for us, or with us, shares our Values, which are formed around our concept of CARE (Commitment, Ambition, Respect and Excellence).
- We are proud and committed to ensuring we bring this to life every day, for ourselves, each other and those who lost their lives.
- Health and Safety responsibility for self and others
From time to time, you may be required to perform such other reasonable duties that fall outside your job title or key job duties, should this be necessary to meet the needs of the Company
Salary and benefits:
- Salary based on experience up to 35 000 Euros gross annually
- Provident Fund up to 12% Employer Contribution
- Life Insurance
- Training and Development opportunities
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Senior Management Accountant with reference number 1233.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.