Our client, the leading financial services consultancy Group in the region, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Consultant for its Internal Audit team focused on Regulatory Compliance audits of CIFs and other regulated entities.
This Role in a Nutshell:
- The successful candidate will assess the existence of policies and procedures of the regulated entities, analyse the client’s data/information and review plans for Internal Audit Inspections and produce assessments and IA reports.
What Does Your Role Specifically Involve?
- Assess the existence of policies and operational procedures of the CIFs as required by the relevant legislation on compliance-related topics and regulatory frameworks relevant to AML/Know Your Client (KYC), MiFiD2, Safekeeping/ Safeguarding Clients funds/assets, Capital Adequacy, Own Funds, EMIR, Funds, Fund managers, Payment Service Providers, ASPs, etc.
- Analyse Client’s data/information and review/finalise plans for the undertaking of Internal Audit (IA) Inspections relevant to the above subject matters amongst others. Act as part of their lead an IA team during annual and/or extraordinary IA Investigations. Inspect the systems and premises of CIFs, interview key personnel, collect and analyse evidence.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative assessments of findings and produce IA Reports with major findings/weaknesses along with recommendations on areas that need improvement to the Senior Management and the Board of Directors of CIFs; whilst indicating the level of risk associated with each finding relating to the probability of occurrence and potential impact.
- Undertake sample checks on the application of accounting principles by the CIFs whilst assessing the implementation of provisions of Laws and regulations pertaining to the Safeguarding of Clients’ assets/funds. Perform sample checks of Client funds reconciliation procedures of CIFs.
- Assess and analyse the impact of new/upcoming legislation on the CIFs and perform relevant changes to IA plans
- Communicate effectively with IA personnel and with personnel and management of CIFs
Here Are The Basic Requirements:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Risk Management, or any other related discipline from a reputable University.
- At least 5 years of experience in the financial services sector (e.g. Compliance Officer in CIFs, other consultancy firm, or relevant) and specifically on relevant regulatory frameworks (e.g. AML, MiFiD2, etc).
- Excellent command of the English and Greek languages, both verbal and written
- Team spirit, excellent problem-solving abilities and willingness to study and develop
- Dynamism and ability to deliver results in a timely manner. Time and effort management skills whilst retaining diligence and attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with impact
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
We’d Also Love to See:
- CySEC Advanced Certificate for the provision of investment services.
- Any relevant work experience within an Accounting and Finance department of a CIF (and thus familiarity with safeguarding, capital adequacy matters, etc.)
- Up to 40,000 Euros Annual Gross
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Senior Consultant - Financial Services Advisory Internal Audit with reference number 1875.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.