Our client, a Fintech company in Limassol, is looking to recruit an experienced Russian-speaking Senior Legal Advisor. The company is a trusted online broker with expertise in the European, US and Asian stock markets, registered in Cyprus, and offers a broad range of services in the financial markets. The team is a union of high qualified professionals on the market, bursting with vibrant energy and pioneer ideas. All of them are goal-oriented with a strong belief in teamwork power built on the strength of each of them. They work in a fast-paced environment and within cross-functional teams. Each of them is dedicated to achieving the best possible result, and no one thinks that he doesn’t make a change. The company can provide a Visa.
- To solve and follow up on issues with regard to legal matters to ensure that the best possible service can be offered to our stakeholders in close cooperation with the Head of Legal
- To analyze legal and regulatory requirements in respect of any issues related to the existence of the Company and performance by the Company of any activities, including investment activities, as well as provision of investment services, including but not limited to the Cypriot legislation, EU legislation applicable to the Cypriot Companies and any other relevant legislation
- Where is necessary - drafting and reviewing any agreements to be signed with any persons, including but not limited to third-party service providers, introducing brokers, investors, Clients, etc
- Preparing legal opinions in respect of any legal/regulatory issues arising during the operation of the Company
- Where is necessary - providing legal support to all departments of the Company in their day-to-day activity
- Where is necessary - advising all Departments of the Company on legal issues under the supervision of the Head of Legal
- Where is necessary - drafting in cooperation with the relevant Department and checking internal policies and regulations prepared by such Departments concerning their conformity with the requirements of the applicable legislation in force
- Having a customer-oriented attitude by guiding stakeholders and offering them the most appropriate solution and excellent service
- Showing best practices on how to approach tasks and offer help where necessary
- Stay informed about professional knowledge and technical skills in the judicial and financial areas to maximize your professional learning and apply it within the organization in the best possible manner
- Review our websites to ensure compliance with legal requirements and procedures
- Performing any other functions as may be necessary other tasks related to the responsibilities mentioned above due to the corporation’s needs.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role in-house (SIF company) or within the legal firm (specialties – legal service to SIF companies)
- JD degree in Law (from common law jurisdiction), OR equivalent of JD degree (from civil law jurisdiction) + LLM from common law jurisdictions
- Experience in supporting SIF company on a day-to-day basis
- Expertise in capital and money markets regulation, including but not limited to MiFID, CySEC, and applicable EU regulation, GDPR
- Deep understanding of capital brokerage, advisory, and portfolio management business (securities, instruments, standardized capital market agreements, TOBs)
- Strong skills in drafting various legal documents in both English and Russian languages/ fluent level oral & written
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and social skills
- Accuracy, speed, and attention to detail
- Ability to recognize the issue and fix it independently and within the team
- Multitask and ability to arrange priorities and handle multiple priorities
- Advanced computer skills
- High level of responsibility, positive and team-oriented attitude
The working hours are Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm with one hour lunch break (office-based position, not remote).
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Russian-speaking Senior Legal with reference number 590.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.