Our client is a Global Top 20 Broker and offers a Multi-Asset Investment Platform with offices around the world. Their strategic growth plans are to move into the Top 5 within the next 2 – 3 years and they are looking to onboard a Risk Director/Manager to Head up the risk function at their Malta-based offices
- You will be working for a Malta-based securities brokerage company, licensed to offer financial services in the EU. The Company is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA).
- You will be responsible for the Risk Management function, reporting to the CEO, Board of Directors and the Risk and Compliance Committee.
- You will be part of a dynamic and highly professional team.
- In your role, you will strongly support our growth strategy in cooperation with the local team and our Istanbul headquarters.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Leading the Risk Management function of the Company.
- Planning, designing, and implementing the overall risk management process and framework for the organization, as outlined in the Risk Management Policy.
- Risk assessment, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and measuring the risks affecting the business and capturing these in a risk register.
- Assess, evaluate and, where required, challenge decisions or proposed changes that affect the company risk exposure.
- Recommending and setting of internal risk controls for day-to-day management of business.
- Risk reporting, including risk metrics, KRIs, dashboards and emerging risks to the Board of Directors and the Risk and Compliance Committee, so that members understand the most significant risks ad AKFX overall risk profile.
- Internal Capital Adequacy and Risk Assessment (ICARA) preparation and review.
- Advising management on ways to mitigate risks and improve processes and procedures as well as advising management and the Board on any new emerging risks and their impact on the Company.
- Raise risk awareness and assign accountability to department heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their area of the business and to individuals to explain their accountability for individual risks and controls.
- Regular review of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Supervision of outsourced trading operations team, in order to ensure monitoring of intra-day trades, database and data-feed connectivity.
- Maintaining an adequate insurance program for the Company.
- Liaising with the Compliance Officer and Finance Manager on MFSA requirements and reporting.
- Liaising with the MLRO on the review of Customer Risk Assessment (CRA) methodology and ML/FT Business Risk Assessment (BRA).
- Liaising with MFSA on any topics related to risk.
- Implementing health and safety measures.
- Conducting regular risk and control self-assessment exercises with risk owners and control owners.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors in order to identify new risks and areas of improvement.
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
- Review of policies and procedures in conjunction with the Compliance Officer and upper management.
- Assist in drafting regulatory reports and any other ad-hoc risk management reports as required by the regulator.
- Liaising with the Risk Management function established at group level.
- Additional reporting and analysis as requested by management.
Required experience, knowledge and skills:
- We are looking forward to employing a highly self-motivated and structured person, who is willing to go the extra mile.
- Minimum 5 years continuous hands-on experience in Internal Control functions with licenced entities.
- Experience working in risk management roles in the financial services industry, preferably within the investment services sector, will be considered to be an asset.
- In possession of a recognised degree in an area related to Economics, Banking, Finance, Mathematics and/or Statistics.
- Understanding of MFSA requirements with regards to the Risk Management function.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel.
- Ability to work to established deadlines by coordinating inputs from various stakeholders.
- Ability to keep abreast with developments in the risk space as they relate to investment services, e.g. ESMA/EBA/MFSA etc. guidelines, regulation and circulars.
- Well-developed report writing skills and ability to present key messages succinctly.
- Good presentation skills and ability to bring to the attention of management, Committees, and Board any key risks and their potential impact on the Company.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as on own initiative.
- Meticulous and organised, very attentive to detail.
- Existing PQ with the MFSA will be considered to be an asset.
- Knowledge of market risk and trading will be considered to be an asset.
- Membership/fellowship with a recognised Professional Association or Body, as well as a Professional Certification in the field of Risk Management will be considered an asset.
- Very good command of English language (spoken and written).
- The candidate will require MFSA approval as Risk Manager.
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Risk Director/Manager with reference number 673.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.