Our client, an international ship-management company with offices in Cyprus and throughout Europe and Asia employing over 4000 staff onshore and at sea, is looking to employ a Procurement Officer to be based at their offices in Limassol, Cyprus.
The position's key responsibilities will include:
- Render procurement services to the fleet team in which the procurement officer is embedded. Close cooperation with the superintendents.
- Process the procurement requisitions from the vessels, taking into account the procurement policy of the company and the advice from superintendents.
- Continuously strive to optimize the procurement processes in order to come to the best price/quality ratio of goods/services purchased.
- Thereby contributing to the annual vessel budget and reducing the administrative costs involved in ordering the goods/services.
- Close cooperation with the logistics team to ensure shipment of spares, stores and consumables in a timely manner
- Within the given authority levels, check and approve invoices and settle claims/ disputes with suppliers.
- Support of Third-Party or Third-Party Owners.
- Rate suppliers basis price/performance criteria.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Sound understanding of procurement and logistics processes.
- The procurement officer should have gathered working experience at a ship managing company or at one of the company’s current suppliers.
- Experience in any role working with tanker vessels will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence when dealing with people often in difficult circumstances
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience in using PMS software solutions.
The company is offering:
- Become part of a modern international company that drives a continuous innovation process.
- As part of the Procurement team, you help to shape this transformational change with future-oriented solutions.
- We offer motivated and engaged personalities diversified and challenging tasks and projects with plenty of room for independence and personal responsibility.
- Gross salary depending on qualifications and experience up to 2,000 EUR gross x 13 and negotiable
- Provident fund
- Medical scheme for family
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Hybrid working opportunities
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Procurement Officer with reference number 566.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.