Our client, an innovative communications company based in Limassol, is looking to hire a Network Engineer who responsible to monitor, maintain, support, and deliver a wide variety of products and solutions within the maritime technology sphere. Other than working with project deliverables, regular tasks also include, diagnosing software/hardware and technical problems, configuring different systems to suit customer’s requirements and being as efficient as possible in his/her resolution time.
The Network Engineer participates in the design and implementation of the fit-for-the-purpose solution while providing specialized technical and network problem resolution to the end user by performing in-depth problem diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. Following the company’s procedure, the Network Engineer will also take proper action leading to full problem resolution, escalating issues to other team members where is necessary (i.e., System Engineers, DevOps engineers, Software Developers etc.).
This is a fantastic time to join this company, as the team is currently taking the journey to agile transformation with focus on quality and optimized delivery and turning solutions into viable products.
The right candidate will be offered a clear development path with further training and career growth opportunities.
- Research and identify solutions when software and hardware issues occur.
- Participate in the design, research, and testing of solutions.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration relating to the Company’s products.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Track issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits.
- Guide the end user through a series of actions, either via phone or email, until they have solved a technical issue.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to other members of the staff within the Technology Team.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to the customer when required.
- Refer to internal databases or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Follow up with clients to ensure proper functionality of services and solutions provided.
- Maintain and develop a solid professional relation with existing and new clients.
- Handle after-office tasks when required.
- A Degree in Computer Science, Computer Network Administration, Information Systems Management or adequate experience in a similar position.
- Networking & Knowledge of services and protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SMTP, STP, SNMP, DHCP.
- Some exposure to Linux (Debian).
- Working experience with security appliances, primarily FortiNet devices.
- Base understanding of Cyber Security concepts.
- Knowledge of setting up wireless networks and Access Points.
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- The ability to assess and modify your own approach when speaking to customers.
- The ability to deal with difficult calls whereby the caller may not have English as a first language.
- The ability to provide good analysis, sometimes at a short notice, due to the urgency of each requirement from the customers.
- Experience with monitoring solutions and procedures.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- The working hours are 8:30 – 17:00 from Monday to Friday (Hybrid)
- Salary of 1,300 – 1,800 gross per month based on skills and experience with 13th salary and medical insurance (after one
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Network Engineer (Hybrid) with reference number 1752.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.