Our client is a leading international CySec Licensed Forex Trading Company with offices in a number of locations worldwide. They are looking to hire a MS SQL Production & Development Database Administrator whowill be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of the critical database systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This role requires some coverage of Production DBA responsibilities, in addition to responsibilities to develop and expand the company’s reporting and DB centric processing. The successful candidate will work closely with the inhouse development team and operations and may need to perform investigative activities to understand and build upon legacy DB business logic.
This is a key role in helping our organization to achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives, while at the same time ensuring that the company’s production databases offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
- Perform routine DBA activities & service requests
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Write stored procedures, manage execution plans and indexes
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- 3 to 5 years of work experience on Microsoft SQL Server Databases (2012-2016)
- Expert in performing T-SQL DDL/DML/DCL commands using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Strong experience in database installation, configuration, capacity planning, implementing backup and recovery strategy for applications and database
- Experience with backups, restores, recovery models, and Security
- Experience in implementing and monitoring different types of High Availability and Disaster Recovery scenarios like SQL Server clusters, Replication (Transactional and Peer-to-Peer), log shipping
- Installed and maintained SQL Server failover clustering for SQL Server 2016
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities
- Experience in R&D projects (designing & creating DBs, tables, writing functions and procedures)
- Experience in reverse engineering and documenting legacy DB stored procedures and processes
- An understanding of the SQL locks mechanism/ isolation levels, and their internals
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
The working hours start from 8-9am and end between 5-6pm, Monday to Friday
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of MS SQL Production & Development Database Administrator with reference number 577.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.