Our client is a Global Shipping Services Company and they are looking to hire a Marine & Safety Superintendent to join their team based in Limassol.
This position is responsible for handling all Marine & Safety activities related to the vessels, whilst assisting the Marine & Safety Manager on related matters. Marine & Safety Superintendent ensures all vessels comply with all relevant regulations and safety standards and reviews/follows up SMS changes. The Marine & Safety Superintendent is involved in the day-to-day operations of the vessels including navigational safety, cargo, ballast and tank cleaning and inspections.
- Handles all Marine & Safety activities related to the vessels under his/her responsibility in a safe and environmentally aware manner, consistent with ISM, IMO’s legislation and national regulations applicable to the fleet as well as industry standards.
- Monitors and controls a proactive and safe operation of the vessels and provides nautical and safety support and consultation.
- Assists the Marine & Safety Manager on matters related to Marine & Safety of the vessels.
- Analyses reports such as Safety, SIRE/CDI Inspections, PSC Inspections, Incidents/Accidents. Where required, advises vessels on matters related to navigational safety, cargo, ballast and tank cleaning and inspections.
- Conducts Marine and Safety inspections on board and when necessary, support the HSQE department in performing ISM/ISPS/MLC internal audits and safety training.
- Conducts investigation of incidents/accidents on board when appointed by the Marine & Safety Manager.
- Monitors the evolving changes to IMO’s legislation applicable to the fleet, Classification Rules, Administration requirements, Oil Major and other applicable requirements related to Marine & HSQE issues and liaises with the Marine & Safety Manager concerning implementation on vessels.
- Supports on-going deck maintenance of vessels and prepares marine related dry dock specifications.
- Liaises with interested parties such as Class, Oil Majors, Ship Owners, Suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Performs any other duties as required by the Marine & Safety Manager or General Manager.
- Ensures implementation and improvements of the Company’s Safety Management System.
- Master Mariner’s License or at least Chief Officer in Oil Tankers.
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar shoreside position.
- Tankers seagoing (5 years) experience will be considered an advantage.
- An in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations governing vessels' management such as SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC, ISPS, Class, Flag State, Oil Major related to Marine and Safety.
- Dynamic, committed, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong English and good Greek communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Medical Insurance for employee (inpatient coverage)
- Lunch Allowance
- Parking Allowance
- Provident Fund
- Company Phone & Laptop
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Marine & Safety Superintendent with reference number 1014.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.