Our client is the largest Financial Services Consulting Group in our region with clients that include regulators, banks, funds and fund managers, investment firms, brokers, fintech firms, insurance firms, and payment and electronic money institutions. They are looking to recruit a Junior Financial Risk Consultant to join their Risk Management team in Nicosia
This Role in a Nutshell:
The successful candidate will provide Capital Adequacy and Risk Management Services to Credit Institutions and Investment Firms. Also provide advice, guidance and assistance to Investment Firms and other regulated entities on capital adequacy and risk management issues and communicate with the investment firms and the authorities.
What Does the Role Specifically Involve?
- Prepare regulatory report and financial returns (i.e. IFR Forms, MIFIDPRU Returns, ICARA process reports, Pillar III Disclosures, Annual Risk Management Reports, Resolution Plans, Recovery Plans etc.) for CySEC, FCA and other EU Regulators.
- Provide advice and solutions to Investment Firms, Funds, EMIs and other regulated entities on capital & liquidity adequacy and risk management issues.
- Work as part of an expert team, coordinate with other departments (e.g. legal & corporate, accounting & tax, internal audit, financial registration etc.) and develop strong working relationships.
- Communicate on behalf of Investment Firms, Funds and other regulated entities with the regulatory authority such as CySEC, FCA and other EU Regulators.
- Communicate with personnel and management of the client.
- Review and analyse new regulations and advise how these are impacting the clients’ compliance, business and capital planning.
- Please note that full training will be provided to successful candidates.
The candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent command of the English and Greek language, both verbal and written (knowledge of any other language shall be considered an advantage).
- Team spirit, excellent problem-solving abilities and willingness to study and develop.
- Dynamism and ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with impact.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong Analytical and Interpretative Skills.
Here are the Basic Requirements:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, from a reputable university, in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Financial Risk Management or any other related discipline
- Knowledge of Excel/Word/PowerPoint (Microsoft Office) is a must.
They Would Also Love to See:
- Any relevant work experience in a corporate environment or the financial services sector.
- Knowledge of Basel Accords or IFR/IFPR frameworks.
- Knowledge of the FX sector and the Funds (AIFs/AIFMs) operations.
- CySEC Certificate (Basic or Advanced) for the provision of investment services.
Salary and Package:
Salary: around 1200 Euros Monthly Gross, depending on experience
You will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including a discretionary performance-related bonus based on qualifications and experience, provident fund upon successful completion of the probation period, flexible working hours, one afternoon off and working from home, in-house and external training courses, flexibility in dress code as per occasion, and other perks such as teambuilding activities, corporate events, personal and career development opportunities, and more.
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Junior Financial Risk Consultant with reference number 1044.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.