Our client is a rapidly growing consultancy company bringing the latest satellite image and engineering analysis technologies to the infrastructure, construction, mining, energy and insurance sectors worldwide. They are located in Nicosia and work on projects located across the globe.
They are looking to hire a GIS Software Developer & Data Analyst to join their team in Nicosia.
- Excellent opportunity on offer for a software developer with experience in the fields of geospatial analysis or data analysis.
- You will be responsible for analysing data from different sources for developing geohazard susceptibility maps and implementing latest trends and technological advancements in machine learning and data analysis.
- You should be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own, solve problems, develop algorithms and perform geospatial data analysis.
- Proficiency with GIS software and methods, (e.g., QGIS, ArcGIS)
- Proficiency with standard geospatial vector/raster formats
- Proficient in Python programming language and scripting background with popular modules (i.e. Pandas/GeoPandas, Numpy)
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Good knowledge of relational database query operations in PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Data analysis and machine learning
- Familiarity with map services and web map server operations (e.g., GeoServer, MapServer) would be considered an advantage
- Understanding of the REST service protocol would be considered an advantage
- Work with GIS Software Applications, Web Applications and geoprocessing tools.
- Plan and implement GIS projects in accordance with project scope, including scheduling and resource allocation.
- Maintain spatial database with a focus on SQL queries and maintenance queries.
- Manipulate spatial data (i.e., vector and raster formats) from scratch or by adapting existing data sets.
- Retrieve, process, clean, and analyse data from various sources such as web services (WMS/WFS).
- Provide maintenance for GIS and web-based applications.
- Perform data analysis using statistical methods, machine learning and other technological developments.
- Automatize procedures for improving efficiency using scripting.
- Develop algorithms.
Competitive salary on offer for the right candidate, depending on experience.
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of GIS Software Developer and Data Analyst with reference number 1069.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.