Our client is a Group of Companies Based in Bahrain and operating in various industries including construction, technology, security, business training. They are currently recruiting for a General Manager to be based at the offices in Manama, Bahrain, and also working on various construction sites.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for overall management of project sby ensuring terms and conditions of the contracts are met and financial goals are achieved within the constraints set.
- Also to ensure the project completes on time within the budgeted costs and to the specified quality.
- To apply technical expertise and project management experience to manage project teams on conventional and unconventional projects.
- Also performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing assistance.
- Functions as a mentor to technical professionals to assist in their training and development.
- 48 hours a week, starting early morning.
- You may have to work overtime during evenings, nights and weekends.
- Responsible for planning work schedules of project and supervise the work of a large technical staff.
- To be target-oriented, be fully responsible for planning and implementing strategies to achieve the target assigned by directors and the top management on efficient and timely manner basis.
- Responsible to maintain of project direction, anticipating and taking necessary steps to manage and handle relevant matters including public relations and stakeholder.
- To ensure project are carried out in line and accordance with projects’ goal and client’s policies and specifications.
- Responsible for the formulation of corporate policies and the company’s direction.
- Manage appointment and termination of subcontractors.
- Liaise with Sub Contractors, Government officials and relevant parties to identify and solve problems and any other matters to ensure smooth implementation of project.
- Ability to direct inspections and achieve compliance with contracts, construction plans, materials and specifications.
- Ability to interpret, enforce applicable laws, ordinances and standard relative to the construction.
- To plan, assigns, lay out and effectively supervise and direct exacting reports and recommendations.
- To prepare appropriate comprehensive / progress reports as required by client, government official and relevant parties.
- To liaise with contractors, client and the general public and to establish and maintain good working relations.
- Ability to work in high visibility and stress situations.
- Undertake all other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the management.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent
- Extensive previous experience in management of major projects.
Specific Skills and Ability:
- Knowledge of civil, mechanical, electrical, structural and geological, as they relate to public works projects.
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of Quality Control Assurance.
- Knowledge of the modern methods, materials and equipment employed in infra, bridges or other heavy construction.
- Knowledge of effective principle and methods utilized in inspecting major construction projects.
- Knowledge of the laws, ordinances, roads, tracks, bridges and other public work facilities
- Knowledge of Asphalt recycling operations and how to get it approved and working
- The salary will be based on previous skills and experience
- Relocation package provided
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of General Manager with reference number 948.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.