Our client, an innovative communications company based in Limassol, is looking to hire a trusted and reliable individual in the role of Driver.
The role will primarily be responsible to transport members of staff, clients, and family members in a comfortable, safe and timely manner.
Driver responsibilities include arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions and ensuring the vehicle(s) are in good operational condition by monitoring and advising time for regular service and necessary repairs. Transportation of a minor will be required.
The Driver will also be expected to perform certain Messenger tasks, including gathering correspondence and parcels, and then transporting these to specified people or locations. The Driver should also ensure that all relevant documentation is fully completed after each delivery.
For a candidate to be considered for this role, a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with no major traffic violations are required. Note that the candidate will be provided with a vehicle as well as necessary equipment to transport a minor (such as car seat etc.).
- Pick up passenger(s) from the place and at the time requested
- Assist passenger(s) with loading and unloading their luggage
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
- Ensure the vehicle is clean and comfortable for all riders
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues
- Book car wash and detailing services to maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the car
- Always drive with the passenger’s safety as a priority
- Collect, check and sign for parcels at their respective collection points
- Take special care to load the parcels into the vehicle in a safe manner
- Transport items to drop-off points
- Answer recipients' questions about the delivery process
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is filled and submitted upon delivery
- Ensure all work allocated for the day is completed
- Maintain an accurate record of all passenger transportation and deliveries in accordance with the requirements of the company
- Advise line manager of deliveries that could not be fulfilled
- Remain friendly and helpful as you conduct your duties
- Maintain a professional attire at all times
- Take on after-office hours transportation of passengers or packages as required (possibly over weekends or public holidays etc.)
- Good knowledge of the Greek and English language
- Proven experience as a driver
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- A clean police record (relevant certificate to be provided)
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage
- Availability to occasionally take weekend and after-office hours assignments
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- A high school diploma
- Any references provided will be considered as an advantage
- The company is offering a basic salary of between 1700 - 1800 Euros gross per month plus 25 Euros call-out fee and 10 Euros per hour worked.
- They also offer a 13th salary and medical insurance (after one month of employment).
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Driver with reference number 1257.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.