Our client is a marketing agency built by traders and marketers to serve financial institutions based in Malta and Barcelona. They are looking for a Data Engineer to work 100% Remotely here in Cyprus.
The company believes that data is a collaborative effort, and we're looking for an individual who shares our vision for teamwork and leveraging data to drive results.
If you're a talented data engineer with a passion for helping the team making data-driven decisions, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth of our company.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve the companies data warehouse, including ETL and ELT processes and autonomous systems in Google Cloud.
- Develop data quality processes to ensure the quality of the data.
- Analyze data, apply statistical techniques and create visualizations to communicate the results.
- Understand business needs and requirements and define how to solve them using data solutions.
- Define, implement and extract insights from user tests to help other teams make business decisions.
- Track user interactions using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, or Firebase configurations and implementations.
- Develop/build/maintain metadata dashboards, monitor and track data quality issues, identify and close gaps in collaboration with business and IT groups.
Required hard skills:
- 3+ years implementing automated ETL and ELT workflows (BigQuery, dbt, Fivetran, etc.)
- Strong competency in authoring and analyzing complex SQL queries and dbt models
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly-automated and disciplined development environment with tools like git, builds, and modern IDEs such as VSCode
- Knowledge of DataOps best practices (version control, pull request based development, CI/CD, deployment automation, test automation, etc.
- Knowledgeable practitioner of Python development with experience designing high quality, production Python codebases
- Monitor and troubleshoot data pipelines to ensure they are reliable, scalable, and performant
- Develop and maintain data quality checks to ensure data accuracy and completeness
Required soft skills:
- Analytical-scientific thinking
- Capacity of abstraction to propose solutions
- Focus on quality of work
- Team player personality but able to work autonomously too
- Ability to understand complex documentation and business requirements
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Looker Studio, Tableau or Power BI
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with Agile software development processes
- Experience with Cloud service offerings from AWS, Azure or GCP
- Engineering, mathematics or related studies.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Full time fixed contract
- Remote work model
- Flexible schedule
- Career & development plan
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Data Engineer - REMOTE 100% with reference number 1388.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.