Our client is the largest Financial Services Consulting Group in our region with clients that include regulators, banks, funds and fund managers, investment firms, brokers, fintech firms, insurance firms, and payment and electronic money institutions. They are seeking an Assistant Consultant – Financial Services Advisory/Internal Audit for the office in Limassol.
- Participate in desk-based/remote and on-site Internal Audits focused on regulatory compliance of CIFs and other regulated firms.
- Obtain broad compliance-related knowledge in regulatory frameworks relevant to AML/Know Your Client (KYC), MiFiD, EMIR, Funds, Fund Managers, Payment Service Providers, ASPs, etc.
- Assess the level of compliance i.e. convergence/divergence of CIFs practices/ operations with respect to the applicable legislation.
- Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, the compliance level and the quality of operating performance of CIFs with local and EU regulatory framework.
- Undertake sample compliance checks on Client Identification, Due Diligence and antiMoney Laundering controls that the regulated entities perform towards their Clients.
- Analyse Client’s information/manuals/processes and draft plans prior to IA inspections.
- Monitor the existence of policies of the CIFs as required by the Law.
- Assess data/information/evidence received and draft Internal Audit Reports, with major findings/ weaknesses and recommendations, to the Senior Management and the Board of Directors of regulated entities.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Risk Management, or any other related discipline from a reputable University.
- Excellent command of the English and Greek languages, both verbal and written
- Team spirit, excellent problem-solving abilities and willingness to study and develop
- Dynamism and ability to deliver results in a timely manner
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with impact
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Any relevant work experience in a corporate environment or the financial services sector will be considered an advantage.
- CySEC Certificate (Basic or Advanced) for the provision of investment services will be considered an advantage.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive remuneration package including a 13th salary
- Discretionary performance-based annual bonus
- Provident fund upon successful completion of the probation period
- Flexible working hours between 8:00am and 6:30pm
- One afternoon off and working from home
- 23 days of annual leave
- In-house and external training courses
- Free available parking close to our offices
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Assistant Consultant – Financial Services Advisory/Internal Audit with reference number 909.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.