Our client is a global financial services group of companies with offices in a number of locations globally. Their Nicosia office that was established in 1998 provides back office and IT services to the regulated companies of the group and currently employs over 200 staff in their offices in Nicosia. They are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their team at the offices in Dali, Nicosia. The Accounts Assistant will be reporting to the Financial Controller, Group Financial Controller and Group CFO.
- Responsible for administering the accounts payable and general accounting function, including preparation of journal entries and maintenance of balance sheet schedules and ledgers and various reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly closing, account analysis and provides support to the financial controller in all finance duties ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Must adhere to tight deadlines.
- Administer accounts payable and post daily transactions of the company
- Prepare payments (bank transfers, debit / credit card) and allocation of bank receipts
- ISO Supplier Review reporting
- Working with spreadsheets and journals
- Petty cash management
- Account and bank reconciliations
- Identifying and processing accruals and prepayments
- Maintain fixed asset records and prepare monthly depreciation journals
- Monthly cash flow forecast
- Posting and analysis of payroll journal in accounting system
- Benefit refund reporting
- Processing Provident Fund transactions
- Monthly financial reporting and management accounts
- Quarterly regulatory filings and associated duties
- VAT & VIES preparation and submission
- Bi-annual Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss forecast
- External functional relationships with auditors, tax advisors, bankers
- KYC requests
- Annual financial audit support
- Completion & submission of various finance related documentation (E.g. Central Bank Quarterly surveys, CyStat surveys etc.)
- Support new daily / month end duties developed.
- Support team during leave of absence, and with ad hoc finance / administration duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or qualification in accounting
- At least 3-4 years working experience in a similar position
- Systems literacy, including strong excel knowledge.
- Excellent command of English and good knowledge of Greek Language (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and high level of responsibility
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Proactive self-starter, proficient time management and multi-tasking
- Experience of financial regulatory reporting advantageous
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Sign and comply with terms of Company Compliance Manuals and procedures
What’s on offer:
- Salary will be based on qualifications, skills and experience
- Support for professional qualifications
- Career growth and tools for ongoing learning and development
- Medical insurance for you and your dependents
- Provident fund
- Yearly bonus dependent upon performance and company growth
- Opportunity for international travel (i.e., short periods of secondment to other offices)
- 5 additional service recognition holidays in surplus to standard annual leave
- Company Training Days (minimum of 40 hours per year)
- Free office parking
What you’ll enjoy:
- A supportive, multi-cultural work environment
- Freedom to work independently, problem-solve and come up with creative solutions to complete tasks within required deadlines
- Explore different roles within the company after you master your current role. There are excellent opportunities for horizontal and vertical career progression
- Open plan office equipped with kitchen facilities and communal entertainment area
- Fun social activities
- Charity Day – a day in the year to work on a cause you are passionate about
- We are supportive of fitness, mental health and wellness; implementing company-wide sessions for people to partake in activities related to these areas
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Accounts Assistant with reference number 1297.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.